2018 Tourism Grant Recipients
In 2018, the WCVA’s grant committee reviewed applications and awarded more than $77,000 in grants for tourism-related projects that will benefit the Tualatin Valley tourism industry. Grant funds will be distributed once each project is completed.
- The City of Sherwood was awarded $30,150 for a Cedar Creek Trail bike and sign project in FY2015-2016. This project is expected to be completed December 2018.
- The North Plains Chamber of Commerce was awarded $35,000 for wayfinding signage around the city of North Plains to direct visitors to the city center and local businesses and attractions in FY16-17. This project is expected to be completed August 2018.
- The Northwest Trail Alliance was awarded $4,841 for maintenance and improvements to the Williams Creek Trail at L.L. Stub Stewart State Park.
- The Oregon Department of Forestry was awarded $7,165 for construction of a new bridge at the Low Divide Loop Trail in the Gales Creek Campground.
- The Tigard Downtown Alliance was awarded $35,000 for Tigard Outdoor Museum interpretive signage.