Posted on January 20, 2022
Washington County’s hotel industry grew throughout 2021 with the addition of new hotels and an upswing in hotel occupancy levels.
Hotel Performance Shows Measured Improvement
Washington County’s hotels continue to show improvement from the unprecedented lows of calendar year 2020, according to STR. While room occupancy, average daily room rates and revenue per available room have increased, hotel performance still hasn’t caught up to pre-pandemic volumes.
Particular improvement has been shown on weekend performance, while mid-week performance reflects the continued stall of business travel.
Washington County Hotel performance is tracking slightly ahead of similar measures in the United States and for overall Oregon hotel performance.
Source: STR, December 2021
Hotel Building Boom Adds New Inventory to Washington County
Over the past 12 months, Washington County welcomed five new hotels:
- Hyatt House Beaverton opened in early February 2021, and boasts 125 rooms, including 25 suites with fully equipped kitchens. Located in central Beaverton, within walking distance to Beaverton’s best restaurants and food carts, the hotel is just steps away from the MAX light rail and is close to shopping, outdoor recreation and more.
- Element by Westin Beaverton opened late April 2021. This 107-room hotel focuses on sustainability through a nature-influenced environment. The hotel reflects the smart design of urban residences with layouts that maximize the room space, and the spacious rooms include in-room kitchens. Amenities include complimentary breakfast, on-site laundry, fitness center, electric vehicle charging, bicycle rentals and more.
- Home2Suites Hillsboro, located in the Tanasbourne area, this 153-suite hotel opened July 2021. It features spacious rooms, free WiFi, fitness center, indoor pool and more. The hotel is conveniently situated off Highway 26 and is close to retail, restaurants and many of Tualatin Valley’s best-loved attractions.
- AC Portland Beaverton, opened its doors September 2021. The new property, located next to the new Element by Westin, features a modern European hotel experience with 117-room sleek and stylish rooms that include luxurious linens, mini-fridges, free WiFi and televisions with streaming capabilities.
- 2022 welcomed the Hampton Inn & Suites Portland Tigard, located off I=5 at the Haines exit. . This all-suite hotel has a heated indoor pool and hot tub, 24-hour fitness center, and two meeting rooms with space for 65 people, plus complimentary daily free hot breakfast and WiFi.