Oregon Governor Kate Brown has announced Washington County (Tualatin Valley) will be grouped together with Multnomah County and Clackamas County as a single unit for reopening phases going forward.
Multnomah County has just been approved to begin Phase 1 on June 19. The tri-county group will then be eligible to apply for Phase 2 after 21 days. That means the earliest these Portland metro area counties can apply for Phase 2 will be July 10.
People will also be required to wear cloth face coverings while inside public places, like grocery stores in all Oregon counties.
According to the Oregon Health Authority’s guidance, face coverings are required in the following businesses:
- Grocery stores
- Fitness-related organizations
- Public transit agencies and providers
- Personal services providers
- Restaurants, bars, breweries, brewpubs, wineries, tasting room and distilleries
- Retail stores, shopping centers and malls
- Ride sharing services
- Phase Two counties only: ( Note Washington County is in Phase 1)
- Indoor licensed swimming pool, licensed spa pool and sports court operators
- Indoor entertainment facility operators
- Indoor recreational sports operators for specified sports
- Indoor venue operators
Anyone with a medical condition that makes it hard to breath, has a disability that prevents them from wearing a mask and children under age 12 do not have to wear face coverings.
We’d like to promote where masks are available in Tualatin Valley! If your business is selling masks or you know a local maker selling them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org